Advertorial – CloudTimer is one of Sportscene’s advertisers
Using everyday mobile devices, the CloudTimer has given amateur sporting organisations and events access to a professional timing and judging solution. Originally developed for use within canoe slalom competition, the timing system is now used for other paddle sports such as surf ski, down river racing, boater cross, SUP and rafting.
The CloudTimer is an initiative of two Dutchmen: Robert Bouten and Maarten Holdrinet, both who were successful canoe slalom athletes, with Robert placing eighth at the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games. The pair identified the need for an easy to use timing, results and judging platform in the Netherlands after seeing so many amateur slalom events using stop watches as their primary timing method. With events across various disciplines also using the same judging means, they developed the CouldTimer that solves the problem of affordability, accuracy and automation.
The CloudTimer has state of the art features such as:
- A synchronised race time over multiple devices enabling timing of distributed events.
- The ability to set judging sections for your race with one or multiple judges per section or gate.
- Advanced settings and race management via the online dashboard.
- Provide live results on the internet
- Free app for volunteers (timers and judges)
- Works on any Android or IOS smartphone
- Do-it-yourself, low cost solution
- Third party timing devices can be connected
CloudTimer gives amateur sporting events the power to access professional timing and judging methods through a multi device app that is accessible through a smart phone. With the app already covering five paddlesports disciplines as well as downhill mountain biking, cycling time trials, slalom skiing and speed skiing, it is destined for a bright future.
- Website: www.cloudtimer.nl
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/Cloudtmr
- Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sweep6.cloudtimer